Mark Jensen is no stranger to the Sydney dining scene. For the last 25 years, he has seen a multitude of Sydney’s leading restaurants and food trends fall in and out of favour.
Later on, Mark would later convince his co-owners to join him on his journey to become Executive Chef and founder of Red Lantern in Surry Hills offering a fresh, aromatic and regional Vietnamese cooking in a French indochine setting.
His Chef Series offers a beef short rib braised in sarsaparilla & Asian spices.
COST $74 for the meal.
(Generous feed for four people)
Mark Jensen’s Meal
Here is the ingredients and cooking instructions.
Beef Short Rib Braised In Sarsaparilla & Asian Spices
- Bring 6 litres of water to a boil in a medium sized stock pan or saucepan.
- When the water reaches a boil reduce the heat to a simmer and place the short in thermoform packing into the water.
- If you have a lid, now is the time to cover to ensure proper heating.
- Set a timer for 25 min.
- 15 min into reheating your short rib place the package containing the noodles into the water to reheat.
- This should take approximately 10 min.
- Note that the noodles will be warm and not piping hot.
- When the short rib timer has sounded, turn off heat and remove the short rib and place on a plate or container and leave to rest while you prepare the rest of your meal.
- Remove the noodles from the water and open packet and divide noodles evenly into 4 serving dishes.
- Place the provided red capsicum and bok choy and red onion over the noodles.
- Open the short rib packet and place 1 piece over the plated noodles and vegetables along with sauce.
- Garnish the dish by placing the remaining bean sprouts, sliced chili, shaved shallots, and coriander leaves over the top and around your beautifully plated dish.
- Now to enjoy your efforts with a glass of something crisp to go along with Marks short rib.
On behalf of Haverick Meats and the Mark Jensen team, we thank you for your order and support.
Short Rib Mix:
Sesame Seed Oil
Diced tomato tin
Chinese cooking wine
Spice Bag Ingredients:
5 spice powder
Fresh ginger roughly chopped